Exterior Painting in Albuquerque, NM
Trusted for Exterior Painting Services
Painting the outside of your house is nothing short of a hassle. However, you don't have to handle the hard work by yourself! At Lujan & Sons Construction, we're happy to provide outstanding exterior house painting services for the Albuquerque community. With years of combined experience under our belt, we've learned a thing or two about painting's best practices. Our team wants to share that expertise with you. Whenever you opt for our services, we'll give you our top tips and dos and don'ts for exterior painting. Learn more about how to make the most of your paint job.
Benefits of Professional Exterior Painting
A professional paint job comes with numerous benefits. Of course, you'll enjoy better curb appeal and pride in your home's appearance. But quality exterior house painting services will give you even more advantages. Not only will you love the way your home looks, but you'll also:
- Increase your home's value
- Add durability to siding
- Reduce the chances of mold and mildew growth on your exterior
- Add a layer of protection to the siding
Exterior House Painting Tips—Our Dos and Don'ts
Exterior house painting isn't as straightforward as you may think. It's much more than just slathering a coat of paint on siding or stucco, so it's in your best interest to read up on some of the best practices for a quality paint job. Here are some of our dos and don'ts for taking on the project yourself:
- Do Be Selective About Paint: Not all paint will work well for your exterior walls. If you choose paint not meant for the exterior, you may miss out on quicker drying times and reduced mold growth.
- Don't Rush: Many of us constantly feel as though we're under a time crunch. But if you want outstanding results, you'll need to take your time painting a home exterior.
- Do Gather Your Tools Beforehand: The day before getting started, gather up everything you'll need. This way, you can make last-minute runs to the hardware store before running into any problems.
- Don't Put Yourself at Risk: Painting a home's exterior can be dangerous, especially once the ladder comes out. For your safety, don't try to paint a larger area than you can easily access. It's a much better idea to move your ladder as needed than risk injury.
- Do Choose a Paint Color You Love: Consider what kind of curb appeal you want for your home. Do you want it to appear bright, or do you prefer darker tones? We can help you choose the ideal color.
- Do Plan for Bad Weather: Albuquerque is famously warm and sunny, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't pay attention to the weather forecast. After all, you probably don't want to paint outdoors on a sweltering summer day.
- Don't Leave Your Brushes Uncleaned: Cleaning brushes is vital if you'd like to use them again in the future. Hardened paint is notoriously difficult to clean, so we recommend washing them right away.
- Do Use the Appropriate Tools: Exterior paint jobs require special equipment if you want the process to go smoothly. With a little help from our team, you'll have all the right items at the ready.
Why Albuquerque Chooses Us
Lujan & Sons Construction in Albuquerque, NM's go-to for exterior house painting services. Not only do we have extensive knowledge of best practices, but we're also known for friendly service. We want you to feel like a member of the family, and we'll only use the best materials and products available. What's more, our team can take on your other home improvement projects. Once you're finished with the exterior, look to us for help with drywall installation, foam insulation, and even roof replacement.
Find Out What We Can Do for You
Home improvement projects are challenging, but they don't have to be a thorn in your side. The team at Lujan & Sons Construction is at your disposal for any kind of project, including exterior painting. You deserve a home with stunning curb appeal that you can be proud of, and we're glad to help whenever possible. Whether you need some advice about where to start, or you would prefer us to take care of the entire thing, don't hesitate to give us a call. Contact us to learn more about how we can help.